Sunday, March 23, 2008

MARCH MADNESS - My Birthday, Easter, and Play

So, I turned one on March 10th and I got this great kitchen from my Auntie Simone (she MADE it!). Mama and Daddy decided that I should make my own cake. Welcome to Anaya's Kitchen!

I made myself some carrot cake and then Daddy and Grammy put on some finishing touches.




Here I am with some of my guests. Grammy and Pop Pop came to stay for the weekend and some of my baby friends came, too!






Here I am teaching Sophia how to turn on the faucet. I am learning to pretend.
Daddy shows me how to blow out the candle.
Like this, Daddy?
Cake is delicious! I like being one!

Today is Easter. I slept through mass last night and I woke up to find that the Easter Bunny had come by! I had loads of fun finding Easter eggs with my cousin, Jessica.
Inside this yellow egg I found something! Mama said that it was called a chocolate and that I probably wouldn't like it, so I gave it to Jessica.
On the other hand, I LOVED the plastic egg!
Jessica is SO funny! She really knows how to tickle a girl's funny bone.

I got a stuffed giraffe in my Easter basket and Jessica got a monkey. Here I am signing "monkey" for her, just in case she didn't know what animal that was. There is a high-pitched "hoo hoo hoo" noise that goes along with the motion.
That monkey kept giving me funny looks...

Uncle Colin and Auntie Beth came over, too. They are very cuddly.

Later in the day, I decided to cook for my duck puppet. He is an appreciative audience, but has quite a discerning palate.

He seemed to like the meal. We won't tell him that I made duck à l'orange.

And here I am playing with some of my friends, Mila and Zeke. We have a blast together.

When my friends aren't around, I just play by myself. Here I took Mama's grocery list and coupons and shoved them into this measuring cup.

Here they are, Mama! Not to worry, I only ripped a couple of them...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Joan said...

Looks like some high times at the Cochran household lately. I especially loved the chef hat and apron. what fun you all are having!